Monday, September 29, 2008

Dev Kile's Tuition

So I have never liked math. During engineering, we had M1, 2nd yer M2 and 3rd yeart M3. Lets just say that it took me at least 1 attempt to clear these subjects. All those of you who are snickering while reading this, well fooley on you, those subjects were hard dammit especially if you didnt take a liking to math. So anyways, our first class of engineering math Prof. Dev Kile walks in. Now this guy has a commanding no nonsense presence about him. (It was only later that we found out how much masti he had inside him. At his private tuition of course.) So, I sat through class thinking how in the world I was going to make it through engineering. If only we could do without math. Oh what a wonderful world it would be! Anyways. Dev Kile sir as we used to call him, had a very serious stern look on his face, and had a beard to go with that. It was only his eyes which had some kind of mischeif in them. He was good at what he did solve math problems, I had no interest in solvingand had no clue how to. Its not that I couldnt, I just didnt like to.

Well, Dev Kile ran his own private tuition after hours in the evening. I think Kenny was the first guy to decide, he was going to go to dev kile's tuition even if it meant facing the seniors ragging business when returning to college. I think me and a bunch of other guys joined later. It was good fun to get together in the evening and catch hold of a tam-tam (six seater) while trying to avoid being spotted by seniors at the canteen. We would all pile up in the last one that left campus and go to tuition. Of course since we didnt go to the canteen and get anything to eat at the canteen, we would stop by on the way to Dev Kile's tuition at Sweet Home, and get a whole bunch of Jalebi's for 5 bucks. Oh those were the sweetest Jalebi's we had and they were mmmmm mmmmm good. Well so we walked from the main road to his tuition eating jalebi's on the way and then after that we sat for about 2 hours in his  class. He used to be good at explaining stuff but, after you are stuffed full of food, what is the next thing that comes to mind??? yes thats right, sleeping. To top it all off, Dev Kile used to have this slow monotonous tone and his droning way of saying things would put even a seasoned mathematician to sleep. Well yes, you are right if you assume I went off to sleep. Of course I did and so Dev Kile goes :

In his deep slow monotonous tone....

Dev Kile: "Deeebaa by Deeba x + deeba by deeba y is equal to ..... Chahuan... bolo.... "
I am still dozing away to glory.... 
Dev Kile: "Chauhan...." I wake up...."Bolo... Kya hota hai" I have absolutely no earthly idea what he is asking me about.I was dreaming about how cool it would be to eat more jalebi's...
Me: "Sir..... ummm....kya bolu sir?"
Dev Kile: "Kya Chauhan... kya kar rahe the.... mai idhar padha raha hoon... tum udhar so rahe ho....kaise hoga....(raises his eyebrows...) bolo.....(shetty is snickering... as ususal.... starts everybody snickering.... )tum sab log kya has rahe ho..... itna jalebi khaoge to "___ ___"(Those who know will know this person...) jaise ho jaoge..aur sote reh jaoge...(Whole group bursts out laughing....)"


That my dear friends ends my recollection of Dev Kile's Tuition....

No comments: