Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Some notes about some friends...

I dont know or dont care to structure my thought process here so I am going to continue in whatever fashion I feel comfortable....

I think I will try to write about each of my friends and something about each person that is characteristic about them. Now keep in mind... this is will also mean that I shall recount some or the other account that involves each person and some of them may be embarassing... But, who cares.... it was fun.
------------------------
Met Vinay I don’t know when but struck an immediate chord with him. I just thought of an incident that happened with him which was my first memory of him. We were walking back to the FE hostel one time and for some reason had to take the route in front of the senior hostel. It was about evening time and Vinay was wearing this silver locket around his neck which you wouldn’t notice normally. Well we had to stumble upon a crazy maniac senior and he started bumming around with us. I swear at that time the guy looked really menacing. Well this guy gave Vinay a really menacing look especially because he knew that Vinay could beat him up and parcel him back home in no time. He noticed vinays locket and started messing around with him.

Senior: Kyun be shane bahtu charbi hai tereko
Vinay: Silence
Senior: Kya locket shocket dal ke ghumta hai bahut shana banega hain ?
Vinay: No sir.
Senior: Religious hai kya?
Vinay: No sir.
Senior: Fir tashan marne ke liye pehna hai kya ? (fiddling around with the locket.)
Vinay: No sire, Gusee ke liye.
Senior: (Doing a double take as if he didn’t hear him right.) Kya?? Gusse ke liye ? tere ya mere?
Vinay: Sir mere. (By this time we other guys were out of the frame and were like man this guy has guts answering back to a senior.)
Senior: Tere gusse ke liye ?
Vinay: Sir who gussa control me rahe isiliye...
Senior: Next time tereko dekha to locket dikhna nahi chahiye
Vinay: Sir, theek hai sir.

And that was that we were let off. But from that moment on we had respect for Vinay.
--------------------------------------------------------

It was my first time smoking and the man responsible for it was Raghu George. I don’t remember the exact circumstances that I met Raghu in, but I know we started a great and lasting friendship on that night. So there I was, I think Kenny was sleeping, as usual he slept early. Raghu was showing me how to smoke. I was not so sure if I should do it. Mainly because I was scared of the seniors finding out (As there was hell to pay if they did according to their threats.) which raghu assured me would not happen because “Nobody” knew me as one of the smokers. Well so we locked the room from the inside and he says to me. Light it up, take a small puff and breath in the smoke that’s the right way to do it. Well, I did what he said and I felt the strong acrid smoke go into my lungs, it didn’t taste all that great, but it didn’t cause me to start coughing up like I had imagined it to. I was amazed and oh by the way the feeling that came with the nicotine hitting my bloodstream was out of this world. Suddenly I am going from oh I don’t know if I should try this or not to hey this is awesome dude…. And that’s what got me started. All through FE I smoked on and off and nobody knew (Among the seniors.), because I never bought any cigarettes by myself. Somebody always gave me some. Among the smokers only a few people knew so I was kind of safe. Just to re-affirm, I don’t condone smoking any more, I left smoking after two years of starting to smoke, but I enjoyed every puff.

-------------------------------------------------------------
I know I met Gangzy or Ganguly for the first time when we guys had been screwed the previous night by seniors for not being supportive and not having realized that one of us was sick and taking him to the hospital. A lot of the folks were like ganguly who? How the hell did he fall sick, and why are the seniors using this to get their frustration out on us. But anyways, we had collected money to have him admitted to the hospital and Vishal had taken the money and done the formalities I think and so when his dad came to pick him up, he met with us and thanked us for taking care. At least that’s the story I remember about gangzy falling sick.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Nanju and Kali shared a room and it was next to us. The first time I met nanju was when I heard him shout outside our room in the middle of the night at somebody. I was like wtf is that. Well we got to know Nanju a lot better over the next few years but that first night was like man this guy is a whacko, which he wouldn’t mind me saying so, in all honesty he still is. Well that was my first impression of Nanju.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Kali was like this loner who lived in the room beside ours along with another little guy from Arunachal Pradesh. I know Kenny had a ball of a time trying to modernize or teach worldliness to this guy (which we used to call molesting). Oh and by the way Vishal enjoyed Molesting kali in a similar fashion, except he would try and get him to do kung foo and show him how to use the Nan-chucks.

-------------------------------------------------------------
I have more coming…. Wait for me to post…. But in the meanwhile please feel free to post comments that recount your few kissa's from college.

Shetty
- Tikku’s pimp.

Tikku
- Golu molu… tharki sala. We (mainly Raghu) used to tease him saying what is your smuggler bringing home. (People who know him will know what I am talking about. He took it sportingly.)

Vasan
- Huge ass puppy dog.

Ashu
- Guy who lived next to the haunted room, and had a secret stock of ciggies that no one knew he had and he didnt even smoke then... or at least no one knew he did.

Sunny
- Guy who spent half his FE year at home but still managed to pass with flying colors.

No comments: